Braided Wigs Cap Size
Cap size or head size is an essential part of the wig-making process. That's why we strongly advise customers to use a measuring tape to measure the circumference of their head or ask someone to help measure the circumference of their head before ordering our wig. This initiative is to help you and us understand your head size, so as to customize the wig to fit perfectly on your head. Failure to measure your head may result in the wig being too small, too big, or not holding right. Custom wigs are made according to your criteria and we will not be held liable for ordering the wrong cap size.
WIG CAP SIZES
- The extra small cap size is 20-21 inches.
- The small cap size is 21-21.5 inches.
- The medium cap size is 22-22.5 inches.
- LARGE cap size is 22.5-23.5 inches.
- EXTRA LARGE cap size size is 24 inches.
(Below is an illustration of how to measure cap size)
(1) Circumference: Implies to the circular measurement of your head. To get the circumference of your head, take a measuring tape and measure 360 around your head. Start from one ear around to the other ear and back to the same ear. See diagram below for reference
(2) Front to Nape: Your nape is the back of your neck. Take a measuring tape and measure from your hairline, along the middle of your head, and to the back of your neck, where your neck connects to your head. See the diagram below for reference.
(3) Ear to ear across the forehead: Take a measuring take and measure from one ear to the other along your forehead. See the diagram below for reference.
(4) Ear to ear over the top: Take a measuring take and measure from one ear to the other across the top of your head. See the diagram below for reference.
(5) Temple to temple round back: Place one end of the tape measure on your temple, then wrap the tape measure around the back of your head to your other temple. The measuring tape should follow the natural curve of the back of your skull.
(6) Nape of neck: Place one end of the tape measure behind your ear and follow the nape of your neck around to your other ear. An excellent place to start and finish is the small crease where a pair of sunglasses would sit. Use your mirror to ensure that you are measuring the correct path along the back of your head.
A wig cap is a net-like, latex-like or cloth-like material used for setting your wig according to the size of your head. The construction of the wig cap is similar to that of a baseball hat as it completely takes the shape of your head. A wig cap for braided wigs is the base of the braided hair and the circumference which means if you don’t know your cap size it might result in your wig slipping off.